Our Family Support Service is there for all local families
Buckinghamshire's new Family Support Service can help local families with children of all ages - whatever level of help and support you need.
Whether it's finding out info about local family activities to more concentrated help, it's what we are here for!
We have a network of 16 family centres across Buckinghamshire and new timetables for all of them are now out. The new spring timetables run from Monday 6 January right through until Easter and there are different types of sessions at each centre.
Here are some of the courses and sessions on offer:
- “Incredible Years” parenting courses – for parents of children aged 4-10 years
- “Your Space” drop in sessions – for children in school years 7-13
- “Teen Triple P” sessions – a positive parenting programme for parents of teenagers
- “Strengthening Families” course for parents and children aged 10-14
- “Marlow Feel Good Group” for adults who’ve experienced mental health issues
- Many ‘universal’ ‘playgroup’ type drop in sessions for parents with babies and pre-school aged children
- Sessions for parents of children with disabilities or special educational needs
There are lots of other types of sessions available too – check out the Family Centre timetables at www.bucksfamilyinfo.org/familysupport.
You can also use this link to find out more about the Family Support Service and the various ways it can help local families.
For information about local family activities and events check out the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service website
You can read more on BFIS and half term activities in this month's MyBucks here and find out about special sessions for children with SEND here