Dementia Action Week
Dementia Action Week is 20-26th May and Buckinghamshire Libraries hold a number of collections that can help those with dementia, anybody caring for somebody with dementia, or anybody that would like to find out more about the condition.
Reading Well books on dementia is a collection of books on dementia, chosen by health experts and those living with the condition, ready to reserve and borrow from your local library.
The Reminiscence Collection can help families and carers to remember the past and share experiences, and we’re continually adding new items to the collection. Items are available to anybody with a library card and include:
- Board and card games to stimulate mind and memory
- Activities to encourage use of fine motor skills
- Table-top and chair games designed for people with mobility difficulties
- Tactile and visual activities suitable for people living with visual impairment, dementia or learning difficulties
- Photos and scrapbooks of different time periods
- DVDs on the years 1931-1989
- Suitcases of historical memorabilia (1930s, 1950s, WW2, Victorians)
- Jigsaw puzzles/jigsticks
- Memory boxes (toys, household objects)
- Giant floor games