Be Bright, Be Seen this Autumn
As the clocks go back on 27 October and dark mornings and evenings loom, we are urging pedestrians and cyclists to ‘be bright, be safe, be seen’.
Children and parents are being encouraged to follow our tips to make sure pedestrians and cyclists are safe and can be seen by drivers.
Tips on how to be bright and be seen include:
- Wear brightly coloured or fluorescent clothing as it shows up well in daylight and at dusk
- Wear reflective clothing if out after dark to make sure you can be seen in car headlights
- Clip-on reflectors, arm bands and stickers on clothes or school bags improve visibility
- Cross at pedestrian crossings whenever you can
- If you are walking in an area which has either no or poor lighting, it is safer to carry a torch
For more information please click here.