Back to school?
Buckinghamshire Libraries have a lot to offer students, both by supporting their learning and for unwinding after school. Here are just some of the reasons why students use our libraries:
- Free Wi-Fi and PC access. Customers can connect their devices to the Wi-Fi for studying or entertainment. You can get one hour free per day on our computers with your library card (children under 16 will need permission from their parent or guardian).
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities.
- Clubs and events. Libraries offer a large variety, from Homework Club to Coding Club. Find out what events are taking place by checking our events page.
- Access to thousands of fiction and non-fiction books. Children under 16 can place reservations on Buckinghamshire stock without charge. Search for a book today.
- Access to literature in other languages. Perfect for those studying foreign languages or who speak languages other than English. PressReader is also available for access to thousands of digital newspapers in over 65 languages.
- Online reference resources. Buckinghamshire Libraries provide access to resources such as Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, and Britannica (which is suitable for students at primary and secondary schools). Visit our Online Reference Resources page for the full list.
- Mental health. Our Reading Well for Young People collection provides quality assured information and advice to help young people understand and manage their mental health. The collection promotes emotional resilience and aims to reduce stigma around mental health issues. View the collection.